You are who you think yourself into becoming. The roles you play in your life dramatically affect who you are and how you act.
Start seeing your identity as flexible and malleable. Don’t fall into the trap of the fixed mindset by believing that ‘this is just the way I am’. Don’t see your identity as something rigid.
Adopt a growth or change mindset. Just because you’ve played a role in the past doesn’t mean you are married to that role. If your current context requires something different, dismiss who you’ve been in the past. Allow yourself to evolve. Quit putting yourself in a box.
Your most authentic self is not who you currently are, but rather, whom you know (in your heart) you want to be.
The process is simple:
- Determine your goal.
- Commit to your goal by leaping into situations that require you to live up to your goal.
- Determine the roles you will need to play in the various situations you create.
- Act the part until you become the part.
- Develop relationships with people who have your back and can help you achieve your goals.
- Repeat, but at higher levels, with more strenuous leaps.
If you like to know more or see the evidence to back this up, please click on the link below: